Season 6, Episode 7
This episode includes a visit with Farmer Jonny Buchanan who owns Crooked Road Farm in South Knox County, in Eastern Tennessee. He raises pasture raised eggs, and pork (which are not certified organic), and he raises certified organic produce. His products can be purchased at Three Rivers Market in Knoxville and he also hosts a CSA. Below is the link for his contact information.
- Fred Sauceman shares a “Pot Luck Radio” segment featuring Frederick Pal Barger - the man who created “Pal’s Sudden Service” restaurants in North East Tennessee and South West Virginia. Frederick Pal Barger started this chain of restaurants in 1956.
Links to guests:
Crooked Road Farm: https://www.facebook.com/crookedroadfarm/
For CSA information or sign up, best to contact owner and farmer Jonny Buchanan of Crooked Road Farm by email: email@example.com
Fred Sauceman: https://www.facebook.com/fred.sauceman
Pal’s Sudden Service: https://palsweb.com/
Links to Events:
- March 1st “Coffee and Conversation” at the Blount County Seed Library in the Blount County Library with John Coykendall: http://www.blountlibrary.org/calendar.aspx?EID=10002
- March 2nd Nourish Knoxville Winter Warmer: https://www.nourishknoxville.org/event/winter-warmer-a-fundraiser-for-nourish-knoxville/
- March 9th Charcuteries & Cocktails by Century Harvest Farms Foundation & Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee: https://centuryharvest.org/
or by this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/charcuterie-cocktails-tickets-55910578044
- March 31st Ijam’s Nature Center “Take Action Month” event along with Slow Food TN Valley Pot Luck Dinner, Seed Swap, John Coykendall Talk and Documentary “Deeply Rooted” showing:
Sponsor for The Tennessee Farm Table is Century Harvest Farms, and Century Harvest Farms Foundation, Greenback, Tennessee